Sunday 18 August 2013

Topshop Cream Blush

(I did swatch before I took the image, Sorry!)

I have fancied purchasing a cream blush for a while and my mini spur of the moment shopping trip yesterday seemed to be the day. I find that cream blush is easier to blend and the shades have a buildable warmth which is perfect for Winter, yes I am planning ahead already, purchasing now before the life of a university student begins. Another reason as to why I fancied purchasing a cream blush is that during Winter my skin reacts better to cream foundations and blush than powder, powder seems to highlight my dry patches that are unfortunately enhanced with central heating. 


Once again like the lipstick packaging, it is a lovely ivory and black polka dot pattern. The benefit of this packaging is that it is a thin compact with a nice size, ideal mirror. However just like the lipstick due to the ivory packaging it is prone to scratching or getting dirty easily.


I purchased Neon Rose, it would work for all skin types as it is a buildable shade, especially upon darker skin tones. It can easily be blended out depending on how natural you want your look. With the pan based cream you don't have to worry about "digging" in your finger/brush and overloading the amount you apply, however if this does happen the benefit of a cream is to blend it out with either your fingers or a brush. When I have applied the blush I have used Real Techniques Stippling Brush


The swatch on the left is after blending and has a coral/orange warmth not an overly pink, which once again I think will give a fabulous heated cheek look in Winter. 

For £6 this product is fabulous and I am slightly disappointed in myself that after almost 3 years of Topshop having a make-up range (thats right they started in 2010) I have only just jumped on the bandwagon.
Ah well, better late than never! 

Do you own any TopShop make up? What are you thoughts? 
Love B
x

No comments:

Post a Comment